Trescobeas operates the doctors Telephone Call Back (TCB) System. The systems are designed to avoid wasting yours and the doctor's time and to ensure that the doctor has all the relevant information available at your consultation.
To book a Telephone Call Back by telephone please call us on 01326 315615.
To book a Telephone Call Back online please click on the above link.
Please note that when booking a telephone call back on line any clinical information that you leave may not be read by the doctor until the time of your appointment. Therefore please just leave the telephone number you wish to be contacted on.
If you have an on-going problem, please ensure that you book your call back with the doctor that has already been treating you to ensure continuity of care. If you feel you have an urgent medical enquiry please DO NOT book your appointment online but please ring the surgery on 01326 315615. Please note that these appointments are to book in advance only. You are unable to book theses appointment slots on the day. Once you have booked your telephone call back slot, you will get an e-mail to confirm that it has been booked.
What the System Provides
- Same day access
- Telephone call backs bookable to suit you
- Choice of doctor
- Planned consultations
- Reduced parking problems
- Quick and easy access for follow up
- Telephone call backs bookable in advance
- Appointments bookable in advance
- Continuity of care
- Reduced time off work
- Reduced crowding in waiting room
- Quick and easy access for advice
- Quick and easy access to results
How the Telephone Call Back System Works
- When you call for a doctor you will be given a Telephone Call Back (TCB) slot with the appropriate doctor.
- The appropriate doctor will be based on the principle of “continuity of care” – see below - and availability.
- You will be asked for some idea of why you wish a TCB with the doctor – see below
- The doctor will call you back within a 30 minute window of your TCB slot.
- You and he will consult and if required a mutually convenient appointment will be arranged.
How the Online Booking System Works
In order to have access to this system it will be necessary to provide the surgery with a current email address. Each individual will need a unique email; there can be no duplication, not even for families.
Once your e-mail address has been added to the system you will receive an email from 'The Waiting Room' with your log in details. You will then be able to book your desired TCB from the website. You will get an email to confirm this booking. You will also be able to cancel or change these appointments online.
Continuity of Care
The practice believes in the principle of “Continuity of Care”. As such if a patient has seen one doctor for a specific problem they should continue with that doctor for that problem. This avoids multiple interventions by different doctors which can lead to duplication and errors. This does not preclude a patient seeking a second opinion at any time.
Discussing Reason with the Receptionist
Some patients would prefer not to discuss their reason for wanting a consultation but there are good reasons why we ask this:
- It allows the patient to see the appropriate clinician. There are some conditions that nurses deal with rather than the doctors.
- It allows the doctor to have the relevant information available BEFORE calling you back.
The receptionist will ask using a version of the following phrase:
“To ensure that the doctor has all the relevant information to hand when he calls you back, please could you give me an idea of the problem or query.”
Please note you are not required to give a reason – if that is the case they will simply enter “personal”
- Pre-Bookable TCBs: Patients ARE able to pre-book TCB consultations with the doctor as far ahead as the rota allows – at least one month.
- Please try to avoid calling for non-urgent matters on Monday mornings.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.